Need to know
The full time equivalent salary for this role will be between £36,600 to £40,600.Closing date is 01/04/2020
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For over 165 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What’s in it for you?
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business and have been since we opened our first pharmacy 170 years ago. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do.
You’ll start your Pharmacist journey with our market leading Foundation Programme. Our RPS accredited Foundation Programme supports you through your first 1000 days of practice with off job study days and practice based assessments allowing you to reflect on and develop your pharmacy practice with the support of one of our Healthcare Academy Trainers acting as your tutor.
We also have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
- Competitive base salary
- Market leading pension contributions
- Annual performance based bonus
- 33 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Bespoke location benefits that could include relocation support, location allowance, location honorarium (dependent on location)
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- GPHC fees paid
- Contribution towards RPS fees
- Access to our benefits platform such as cycle to work, child care vouchers, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
As a Newly Qualified Relief Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying you will be providing excellent customer and patient care that will be inspiring and reassuring. It’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s looking after our customers and patients, listening to them and giving expert advice. Key responsibilities include:
- You will work within a variety of stores, over multiple locations, ensuring expert care and service is delivered at all times, with an adaptable and proactive mind-set
- Working in partnership with the healthcare team using your own intuition, expertise and experience to deliver complete care solutions for our customers and patients
- Setting the standard of what a brilliant pharmacy ‘looks and feels like’ from an operational perspective by working in partnership with your pharmacy technician
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through care conversations with customers and patients providing expert advice throughout
- Accountable for professional pharmacy legal & ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Actively supporting the development, education & training of colleagues; building pharmacy capability of store teams
- Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
- Work to deliver world class professional services – personally and through the pharmacy team
Our ideal candidate
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
- Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, customers/patients and external local professionals
- Be commercially astute, understand the growth and development of the healthcare industry
- Role model first class communication skills, where you will hold excellent face to face interactions with all types of customers and patients
- Thrive in a team centred approach with strong collaborative working
- Have a passion for keeping up to date with your own learning and development, completing all Pharmacist mandatory and directed training
- Be digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology To be considered for this role:
- You will need to be currently completing your pharmacy pre-registration training within the UK
- All offers will be conditional to you passing your GPhC registration exam
We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
To apply visit Boots job website >>
Closing date: 01/04/20